There are lots of men and women out there who perceived reflexology as one kind of foot massage. Should you be among these people, then be sure to continue reading this article to enlighten your mind and to get additional insights about it. After you read this write-up, it will not just broaden your knowledge about reflexology but will also change your perception about it.
Meaning of Reflexology
Actually, reflexology is the term used to describe one type of massage that involves the gentle and slow manipulation of our body’s pressure points to remove blockage from the pathways so that the energy can flow in. This kind of energy will help in enlivening our bodies and in healing itself as well. Massage therapist will apply gentle pressure in certain pressure pointers on our hands or our feet not just to activate our bodies’ ability in healing itself but also to achieve deep relaxation and return its state-of-balance. Basically, this is called zone therapy.
Reflexology has its origin in China and the people utilized this form of therapy in treating pain and stress in their bodies. They used this method in leading balanced and healthy lives. Today, reflexology is not just practiced in China but also in other countries around the world. These days, it is already possible to get reflexology services from big and small massage parlors and health spas everywhere.
How We Can Benefit from Reflexology?
Since this is one non-invasive form of therapy, it can benefit all individuals, irrespective of age, gender as well as health conditions. Research reveals that many individuals out there make use of reflexology to treat pain as well as arthritic problems. It is also tried and tested to be effective when it comes to treating diverse psychological and physical problems. The other benefits of reflexology are as follows:
1. There are lots of individuals out there who make use of reflexology in treating various types of body pains.
2. It relaxes our bodies.
3. It boosts the flow and circulation of blood.
4. It regulates cholesterol.
5. It is also effective in regulating blood pressure.
6. It is also proven to be effective in stimulating the functions of the nerves inside our bodies.
7. Reflexology is also used in improving the immune system of our bodies.
7. There are also oncologists who used reflexology in complementing cancer care by easing the nausea, vomiting, pain and anxiety felt by cancer patients.
8. It is also proven to be effectual in easing and helping women in giving birth as well as treating various post partum effects.
9. Some even undergo reflexology to get relief and treatment for their kidney diseases, insomnia, asthma, allergies, skin diseases, gastrointestinal problems and etc.